Marc J. Held PartnerTel: (212) 750-7570 - (718) 531-9700
Fax: (646) 590-4295 - (718) 444-5768
Marc J. Held is a founding partner of Held & Hines, LLP. Marc Held is a highly experienced lawyer in trial practice, with extensive experience in real estate litigation, real estate transactions, negligence, civil rights, commercial litigation, courtroom litigation, negotiations of settlement, mediations, arbitrations, refereeing, motion practice, client consultation, shareholder agreements, employment agreements, stock sales, business transactions, managing agent, consumer affairs litigation, corporate litigation, contract litigation, personal injury, premises liability and negligent supervision. Representative Experience:
- Represents NYS Uber Drivers against Uber in a class-action lawsuit for breach of contract, wrongful conversion of tips, false advertisement and misclassification of employment.
- Represents NYC residents who are 62 years of age or older and/or disabled and have been wrongfully evicted from their apartments in buildings that have been converted from rentals to condominiums or co-operatives in a class-action suit against developers.
- Successfully represented all the Unit Owners of a Condominium against a Sponsor who failed to complete construction and raided the Reserve Fund Account of the Condominium. The Sponsor was banned for life from selling real estate in the State of New York.
- Successfully advised a sovereign nation who wanted to rescind a real estate transaction.
- Successfully represented a Spouse who contracted a sexually transmitted disease from her cheating husband.
- Successfully represented residents who were bit and infected by bed bugs resulting in one of the largest settlements for this type of case.
New York Law School, New York, N.Y., Juris Doctorate 1996 Brandeis University, Waltham, M.A., Bachelor of Arts 1993, Cumlaude & High Honors
New York State Bar New Jersey State Bar United States District Courts of New Jersey District Court of the Eastern District of New York District Court of the Southern District of New York
American Inns of Court - Kings County New York State Bar Association Brooklyn Bar Association